This Green Been or "Ingen" Salad has a crisp texture that's complimented by a sweet, creamy and nutty taste brought with the miso sesame dressing.
- 250g fresh trimmed green beans
- 50g sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tbsp red (aka) or white (shiro) miso paste
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- Cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for around 2 mins. Drain. Soak in cold water to cool, then drain again.
- Make the Sesame Miso dressing:
- Dry fry the sesame seeds for 5 mins over a med heat as not to burn them or until they turn slightly golden.
- Remove the sesame seeds from the pan and place in a pestle and motor (Save a tea spoon of seeds for the garnish).
- Grind the warm seeds in the motor and slowly incorporate the sugar, then the miso and mirin. This should form a thick paste.
- Toss the green beans in a bowl with the dressing until well coated.
- Serve green beans in a mound and sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds to garnish.