As part of our Chefs focus feature we bring you a delicious recipe for Teriyaki pulled pork burger.
This recipe comes from Nihon Shokken London branch. Nihon Shokken ship the largest amount of liquid seasonings in Japan. They sell all sorts of seasonings, for meat, fish, and salad. Can't miss their seasonings if you are making some authentic Japanese dishes!
Teriyaki burgers are a popular choice in burger shops across Japan. With this recipe, you don't need to marinade the meat to get flavour in to it! By using Nihon shokken teriyaki sauce, you can make the delicious juicy pulled pork to really turn it into something special.
- 200g pulled pork
- 60g Nihon Shokken teriyaki sauce plus extra for drizzling
- 4 quarter pounder burgers
- 4 brioche buns
- Mayonnaise and lettuce to serve
- Warm through the pulled pork and mix with the Nihon Shokken Teriyaki sauce. If you’re making the pulled pork from scratch, place a medium (500g) pork shoulder in a dutch oven with 300ml of water, a couple of bay leaves and some peppercorns. Roast in the oven at 160°C for about 4-5 hours until tender. Drain, and using two forks, pull the meat apart and mix with the teriyaki sauce. (Save any leftover pork for another recipe!)
- Toast the insides of the brioche buns and spread with mayonnaise on both sides.
- Place the lettuce on the bun, followed by the cooked burger patty and drizzle with a little teriyaki sauce.
- Top with some of the pulled pork mixture and the remaining brioche bun.
AN ELEVATED CLASSIC
There you have it. The juicy pulled pork recipe elevated with authentic Japanese teriyaki sauce by Nihon shokken!
Buy Nihon shokken products in our online store now
If you're a chef and you want to get your skills and venue featured in our "Chefs Recipes" feature, click the button below, leave your details and we'll give you a call and get you featured!