As part of our Chefs focus feature we bring you a delicious recipe for Tempura Halloumi with Japanese goma dressing!
This recipe comes from Nihon Shokken London branch. Nihon Shokken ship the largest amount of liquid seasonings in Japan. They sell all sorts of seasonings, for meat, fish, and salad. Can't miss their seasonings if you are making some authentic Japanese dishes!
What you'll learn in this recipe are the techniques used to make the perfect crispy tempura with secret ingredient halloumi cheese! Addictively rich and creamy goma dressing that goes well with the cheese!
- 200g Halloumi cheese
- 100g Nihon Shokken Tempura Batter Mix Super Crispy
- 150ml water
- Flour, for dusting
- 50g salad leaves
- Make the batter mix by blending the Tempura Batter Mix with water until smooth. Leave to one side
- Slice the halloumi into finger sized pieces and dust in some flour. Carefully dip the halloumi into the batter mix and fry in small batches for 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Remove from the oil and drain on some kitchen paper.
- While the oil is draining, dress the salad leaves with the Goma Dressing and serve on the plate with the tempura halloumi.
Plate salad leaves and tempura nicely and serve with goma dressing!
AN ELEVATED CLASSIC
There you have it. The crispy tempura recipe elevated with some care and love by Nihon shokken!
Buy Nihon shokken products in our online store now
If you're a chef and you want to get your skills and venue featured in our "Chefs Recipes" feature, click the button below, leave your details and we'll give you a call and get you featured!