In the UK we often decide to add the delicate flavours of tea to biscuit recipes to make a deliciously fragrant treat which is perfect for afternoon tea, and now that Hanami is upon us (cherry blossom viewing) we have the perfect excuse to bake! Make these wonderful matcha tea biscuits to star in a picnic with mochi, maki rolls and matcha green tea lattes!
You will need
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Sift together the dry ingredients including the matcha but not including the sugar and set them aside.
- Now in the mixer, beat together the butter and sugar, until pale and fluffy. Then mix in the vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the butter mixture.
- Bring the dough together and place it in cling film in the fridge for about 30 mins.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 180C
- Now roll out the dough and cut out your biscuits in any shape you desire. Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.